A Safe, Smart & Secure Device for Current Measurement
Smart Rogowski Coil (SRC) is an AC current sensing intelligent instrument that can measure up to 3000A. Automatic current range selections <3A, 3- 30A, 30-300A & 300-3000A are available. SRC has an in-built Bluetooth transceiver that enables it to communicate with any Smart Phones or Tablets via SANDS Android mobile application. SRC can display current RMS, waveform, and harmonic distortion values. The data can be viewed, logged, and stored in the mobile/tablet. Also, the data can be sent to the cloud for analytics or to compare the behaviour of similar equipment at different locations.
Smart Rogowski Coil uses 150 mm diameter Rogowski coil to measure the AC current non-intrusively on any AC line. Rogowski coils are flexible current transformers that are ideal for use when space is limited. The flexible form factor means they can easily fit into tight panels and come in a range of sizes to suit most installations. The accuracy achieved is ±1%. It operates with a rechargeable 9V alkaline battery. SRC can be charged using any mobile charger giving 5V output.
- Flexible current sensor that easily fits into any bus bars where space is the limitation
- The in-built Bluetooth transceiver enables it to communicate with any smart phone
- Automatic Gain selection for current 1-3A, 3-30A, 30-300A, 300-3000A. Optionally manual selection is also provided, for monitoring wide variations in the current.
- Real Time viewing of current waveforms on a graphically enriched display
- Possibility to zoom and observe the waveforms
- Analyze harmonics and transients at site due to various loads.
- A wireless interface gives the user an option to stay at a safe distance from the electrical systems like high voltage points.
- The App based data logging tool makes the data instantly accessible on the cloud for analysis and archival.
SMART ANDROID APPLICATION
In the VIEW mode, the user can freeze and analyze the waveform samples for any distortion or any other means of visual check, by simple ‘pinch-to-zoom’ any part of the waveform. Similarly, the user can “pinch-to-zoom” the harmonic bar graphs, displayed with the actual values indicated on the top of the bar.
In the LOG mode, the parameters to be logged – IRMS or Waveforms & Harmonics, can be selected by the checkbox. Waveforms & Harmonics include IRMS + waveforms samples + harmonic components up to 21st harmonic. The periodicity of logging can be selected for 30 seconds or 1 minute or 5 minutes, by the checkbox. The number of records to be stored can be set – up to a maximum of 10,000.
In the HISTORY mode, the stored records can be viewed. The records are displayed as they appeared in the view page at the time of record snap-shot, with all the real-time parameters – RMS, THD, waveform, and harmonic distortion bar-graph, with the date and time stamp. The history screen is a mimic of the actual screen during logging; which includes the mode – AUTO or MANUAL, with the selected values of current.
|3A; 30A; 300A; 3000A|
|Type of signal measured||Sinusoidal|
|Position of the conductor in the coil||Centre for better accuracy|
|Sensor Diameter||150 mm (standard)|
|Power supply||9V Hi-Watt Alkaline battery|
|Dimension||118mm x 78mm x 33mm|
|Battery life||120 hrs|
|Approximately 720 10-minute measurements|
|Unit current consumption||Max.40mA|
|Battery indications||Flashing Red LED|
|LED Indications||Power ON: Red|
|Low Battery: Red|
|Bluetooth COM: Blue blinking|