A smart clamp meter is an AC current sensing intelligent instrument that can measure up to 3000A, available for both Single Phase and Three Phase applications. The Smart clamp meter can display AC Current RMS, AC Current waveform, Total Harmonic Distortion(THD) and individual harmonic distortion values upto 21st harmonic. Smart clamp meter sends the current data to any Smart Phone or Tablet via SANDS Android mobile app. The data can be viewed, logged, and stored in the mobile/tablet. Also, the data can be sent to the cloud for analytics or to compare the behaviour of similar equipment at different locations.
Single Phase Smart Clamp Meter
Three Phase Smart Clamp Meter
SIngle Phase / Three phase
Smart clamp meter comes with 3 different sizes of flexible current sensor (Rogowski coils) of diameters 50mm, 100mm & 150 mm, for currents of 500A, 1000A & 3000A respectively. Flexible current sensors are ideal for use when space is limited and can easily fit into tight panels. The Smart clamp meter operates with a rechargeable 9V alkaline battery and can be charged by using any standard mobile charger giving 5V output.
- Smart clamp meter is a non-intrusive device that measures AC current on any AC line.
- The accuracy achieved is ±1%.
- Real-Time viewing of current waveforms on a graphically enriched display
- Possibility to zoom and observe the waveforms
- Analyze harmonics and transients at the site due to various loads.
- A wireless interface gives the user an option to stay at a safe distance from the electrical systems like high voltage points.
- The App-based data logging tool makes the data instantly accessible on the cloud for analysis and archival.
- Flexible current sensor that easily fits into any bus bars where space is the limitation
- The in-built Bluetooth transceiver enables it to communicate with any smart phone
- Optionally manual selection is also provided, for monitoring wide variations in the current.
In the VIEW mode, the user can freeze and analyze the waveform samples for any distortion or any other means of visual check, by simple ‘pinch-to-zoom’ any part of the waveform. Similarly, the user can “pinch-to-zoom” the harmonic bar graphs, displayed with the actual values indicated on the top of the bar.
In the LOG mode, the parameters to be logged – IRMS or Waveforms & Harmonics, can be selected by the checkbox. Waveforms & Harmonics include IRMS + waveforms samples + harmonic components up to 21st harmonic. The periodicity of logging can be selected for 30 seconds or 1 minute or 5 minutes, by the checkbox.
In the HISTORY mode, the stored records can be viewed. The records are displayed as they appeared in the view page at the time of record snap-shot, with all the real-time parameters – RMS, THD, waveform, and harmonic distortion bar-graph, with the date and time stamp. The history screen is a mimic of the actual screen during logging.
|Type of signal measured||Sinusoidal|
|Position of the conductor in the coil||Centre for better accuracy|
|Sensor Diameter||150 mm (standard)|
|Power supply||9V Hi-Watt Alkaline battery|
|Dimension||118mm x 78mm x 33mm|
|Battery life||120 hrs|
|Approximately 720 10-minute measurements|
|Unit current consumption||Max.40mA|
|Battery indications||Flashing Red LED|
|LED Indications||Power ON: Red|
|Low Battery: Red|
|Bluetooth COM: Blue blinking|