SANDS make of AMR Modem SAM-1101 is an intelligent device that can be connected to any make of electronic energy meter, which is compliant to DLMS – IEC 620156-21 standard by means of optical/ RS232 port. The meters can be located in either consumer premises or in distribution transformers. The modem draws its power from the meter terminal block and connects to the communication port of the meter. Thus this addon modem is non-intrusive and can be retrofitted easily to any meter.
The automatic meter reading equipment can push the following data from the meter at pre-defined periodicity – hourly / daily / weekly / monthly, based on the requirements, and the same can be configured dynamically.
Typical profiles are:
- Instantaneous parameters, at the time of reading
- Billing data, present & last 12 months’ histories
- Load survey, 30 days/ complete no. of days stored
- Tamper data, Settings/Configuration data
- Transaction events
- Compatible with any make of DLMS meters; can detect and read all the profiles
- The modem has a built-in DLMS Client stack, by which the modem can read and Push the data to any designated server, in a secure manner.
- The modem can interface with the meters either through an optical port or RS-232 or RS-485 communication medium, as available in the meter.
- The modem draws its power from the meter terminals and does not require any separate power source. In order to keep the VA burden on the metering circuit low (if used for HT applications), and to add redundancy, the modem has a built-in three-phase SMPS, capable of operating in the voltage range of 90 V to 312 AC – phase to neutral at 50 Hz.
- In the event of phase failures, the meter reading unit is capable of operating even in a single-phase voltage. The average power consumption of the modem is less than 15 Watts during data transmission periods and less than 2 Watts during idle periods. The modem is rugged and can withstand surges up to 6kV.
- The modem is capable of initiating the data transfer within 5 minutes of establishing the connection with the network.
- The modem is provided with a sealable SIM cardholder, to prevent unauthorized access.
- The modem supports a wide range of standards across the globe.
- The modem is provisioned to fit an external flexible antenna (6dBi Spiral) to provide better signal strength and improve the data transfer performance.
- The intelligent modem provides meter data read, store, and forward (transfer) functions. It can also check and transmit the network signal strength, to help the management to assess the performance of the service provider in that area.
- The automatic meter reading unit can be controlled and firmware upgraded remotely with a secure password.
- The modem can operate reliably in the temperature range of -25°C to +60°C, and can be stored at -40°C to +80°C
- Multi Slot Class 12 or Multi Slot Class 10
- Mobile Station Class B
- Modulating and Coding Schemes: MCS 1 to 9
- Packet Channel Support: PBCCH
- Dual Band GSM/GPRS 900/1800 MHz
- GPRS between modem and data centre should be more than 40kbps
- Electrostatic Discharge IEC61000-4-2
- Fast Transient Burst IEC61000-4-4
- Surges Immunity IEC61000-4-5
- Conducted emission as per CISPR 22
- Radiated emissions as per CISPR 22
- Radiated susceptibility as per IEC61000-4-3
The modem has a special Program Over the Air (POTA) feature to facilitate the programming of the modem remotely from the server, using security channels and procedures. The automatic meter reading system also provides the following remote / auto operations and functions:
- Remote Start/ Stop and Restart feature.
- Auto recover feature in case modem / network hanging
- Comprehensive self-diagnosis feature with log file with all at a periodicity and link check for communication.
- On demand SMS request for Instantaneous Parameters
- Real time outages and alarms as alerts can be sent to the server
- Automatic pushing of meter data at configured regular intervals