DUAL Channel AMR Modem
DUAL-CHANNEL AMR is a combined Modem for remote reading & local reading via Bluetooth through the mobile app without opening the enclosure/seals. Dual Channel AMR Modem is an innovative device that can be connected to any make of electronic energy meter by means of optical/ RS232 port, which is compliant to DLMS – IEC 62056-21 standard. AMR system is compatible with 4G network to push the power consumption-billing data, load survey data, and event data to a cloud-based server, with fallback to 3G & 2G. The modem can be programmed to send any abnormal events to any number instantly. The modems have a ‘store and forward’ facility.
AMR Modem can push the following data from the meter at pre-defined periodicity – hourly / daily / weekly / monthly, based on the requirements, and the same can be configured dynamically.
Typical profiles are:
- Instantaneous parameters, at the time of reading
- Billing data, present & last 12 months’ histories
- Load survey, 30 days/ complete no. of days stored
- Tamper data, Settings/Configuration data
- Transaction events
HOW DUAL CHANNEL AMR MODEM WORKS
- 4G with fall back option to work on 2G.
- Bluetooth as an option to download data wirelessly.
- Maps both Meter RTC time and network time.
- programmable to push any abnormalities by SMS.
- Capability to store and forward.
- Programmable over the air (POTA) using the network.
- Interfaces to the meter through RS232/optical/D-pin ports.
- Compatible with any make of DLMS meters; can detect and read all the profiles
- The modem has a built-in DLMS Client stack, by which the modem can read and Push the data to any designated server, in a secure manner.
- The modem can interface with the meters either through an optical port or RS-232 or RS-485 communication medium, as available in the meter.
- The modem draws its power from the meter terminals and does not require any separate power source. In order to keep the VA burden on the metering circuit low (if used for HT applications), and to add redundancy, the modem has a built-in three-phase SMPS, capable of operating in the voltage range of 90 V to 312 AC – phase to neutral at 50 Hz.
- In the event of phase failures, the meter reading unit is capable of operating even in a single-phase voltage. The average power consumption of the modem is less than 15 Watts during data transmission periods and less than 2 Watts during idle periods. The modem is rugged and can withstand surges up to 6kV.
- Modem shall have on-demand meter read feature through which server can send an on demand request to modem to read the data from the meter. The On Demand feature shall support for any single meter or any group of meters together through single command.
- Modem shall be auto configurable by itself to the different makes of meters i.e. plug & play with low level password provided. Bluetooth Communication ( Dual Channel AMR – Optional )
- In the event of failure of GPRS communication an operator / technician can read the meter data using mobile app via Bluetooth communication . with out opening / cutting of any seals in the HT panel.
- The mobile app shall work only in the registered mobiles with the server through IMEI number and android id.
- The modem is capable of initiating the data transfer within 5 minutes of establishing a connection with the network.
- The modem is provided with a sealable SIM cardholder, to prevent unauthorized access
- The modem supports a wide range of standards across the globe.
- The modem shall have instant tamper detection feature through which modem will continuously poll the meter for any tamper and will send the event to the server.
- The modem is provisioned to fit an external flexible antenna (6dBi Spiral) to provide better signal strength and improve the data transfer performance.
- The intelligent modem provides meter data read, store, and forward (transfer) functions. It can also check and transmit the network signal strength, to help the management to assess the performance of the service provider in that area.
- The automatic meter reading unit can be controlled and firmware upgraded remotely with a secure password.
- Themodem can operate reliably in the temperature range of -25°C to +60°C, and can be stored at -40°C to +80°C
- Modem shall support meter RTC correction through high level password (HLS) via secure On-Demand request from server . Before RTC correction modem shall automatically read all profile data and push the data to server for data backup.
- The mobile app shall download the meter data and upload the same to the server without any human intervention.
- Once the meter data is uploaded to the server, the data in the mobile get deleted automatically. The Bluetooth communication between AMR and Mobile APP secured with encrypted password sign-on.
- Multi Slot Class 12 or Multi Slot Class 10
- Mobile Station Class B
- Modulating and Coding Schemes: MCS 1 to 9
- Packet Channel Support: PBCCH
- Dual Band GSM/GPRS 900/1800 MHz
- GPRS between modem and data centre should be more than 40kbps
The AMR Modem meets the following EMI/EMC specifications
- Electrostatic Discharge IEC61000-4-2
- Fast Transient Burst IEC61000-4-4
- Surges Immunity IEC61000-4-5
- Conducted emission as per CISPR 22
- Radiated emissions as per CISPR 22
- Radiated susceptibility as per IEC61000-4-3
The modem has a special Program Over the Air (POTA) feature to facilitate the programming of the modem remotely from the server, using security channels and procedures. The automatic meter reading system also provides the following remote / auto operations and functions:
- Remote Start/ Stop and Restart feature.
- Auto recover feature in case modem / network hanging
- Comprehensive self-diagnosis feature with log file with all at a periodicity and link check for communication.
- On demand SMS request for Instantaneous Parameters
- Real time outages and alarms as alerts can be sent to the server
- Automatic pushing of meter data at configured regular intervals