RS 232 to RS 485 Converter
RS232 to RS485 converters provide conversion between serial networks and other media. They can transparently convert RS232 signals to RS485 signals, as well as convert RS485 to RS232 signals without changing the PC’s hardware or software. The serial media converter lets you easily build an industrial grade, long distance communication system with standard PC hardware. Built-in 120Ω terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
It also works as Slave address decoder.
It has ARM cortex-M0+ controller where you can easily save the slave address using 7-pin DIP switch settings. The Slave address decoder is specifically meant for use with Data Concentrator Unit (DCU) where it is common place to connect multiple slaves to the DCU. Slave address decoder sits between the Slave and the DCU. It acts as the gateway to the slave giving access control based on the address stored in the controller in slave decoder.Provides LED indication for data transmission and reception.Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless housing.
- ±15kV ESD-protected RS-485 compatible transceivers
- Converts RS232 to 2-wire RS485 and vice versa.
- Supports multi-drop RS485 networks (up to 128 nodes)
- Built-in 120Ω terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
- Automatic direction control, no software drivers or flow control required
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Temperature range: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- The RS485 standard covers line lengths up to 4000ft.
- LED indication for Data transmission/reception and power.
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless housing.
- Built-in surge protection, static protection and circuit protection
As Slave Address Decoder
- In-built ARM Cortex-M0+ controller
- Flash 16KB, RAM 4KB
- In-built 7-pin DIP Switch that enables upto 128 Slaves
|Power Source:||External 9V-12V/500mA|
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS232C standard and RS485 standard|
|Controller core||ARM Cortex M0+|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 50mA|
|Distance:||Depending on power from RS232 port, will transmit up to 4000ft (1.2km)|
|Connector:||RS232 Side: DB-9 Female; RS485 Side: 4-Way Terminal Block|
|End of Line Terminator:||120Ω built-in|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Dimensions (H x L x W)||22mm x 70mm x 45mm(72.5mm with mounting)|