Ethernet Fiber Optic Converter
The SMC-40-FE is a rugged, industrial-grade 10/100M Ethernet to fiber optic media converter, which provides one channel for media conversion between 10/100BaseTX and 100BaseFX. It supports either multi-mode or single-mode fiber optic and MDI (straight-through) and MDIX (crossover) cables, therefore, no DIP switch, jumper settings or software drivers are required, making the unit a highly reliable and truly plug-and-play device. It features auto-negotiation for half or full-duplex and 10 or 100Mbps data rates, Besides the capability of long distance data transmission and the large carrying capacity, fiber lines are inherently resistant to EMI / RFI, lightning, transient surges and ground loops; therefore, they are ideal for data communications surrounded by heavy electrical or radio interference. It comes with ST/SC/FC connectors for fiber optic links and can extend the 10 / 100M Ethernet distance to 2km for multi-mode and 20 to 120km for single-mode. The product can be mounted directly on a wall, panel or DIN Rail, without a need of additional brackets. It has inbuilt power supply module, therefore, no need for using external power adapter.
- Converts 10 or 100M Ethernet to Optical Fiber Signals and vice versa.
- Multi-modeor Single-mode with ST/SC/FC
- Fiber Optic distance is 2km for multi-mode and 20 to 120km for single-mode.
- Supply voltage range is 75V to 260V AC/DC
- Auto-negotiation of speed and duplex mode on TX port.
- Auto-MDIX on TX port.
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless housing.
- Direct DIN-Rail or Wall / Panel mounting.
- Store-and-forward mechanism.
- LED indications.
- Supports a wide range of fiber optic cables.
- Built-in surge protection, static protection and circuit protection.
|Compatibility:||IEEE802.3 10Base-T; IEEE802.3u 100Base-TX and IEEE802.3x 100Base-FX|
|Power Source:||75V to 260V AC/DC|
|Speed:||10BaseT: 10 / 20Mbps for half / full-duplex;
100BaseT: 100 / 200Mbps for half / full-duplex
|Usable Fiber Optic Cables:||Multi-mode: 50 / 125, 62.5 / 125km
Single-mode: 8.3 / 125, 8.7 / 125, 9 / 125, 10 / 125km
|Distance (Ethernet):||10BaseT: Cat. 3, 4, 5 up to 100m
100BaseT: Cat. 5 up to 100m
|Distance (Fiber Lines):||Multi-mode: 2 km;
Single-mode: 20 to 120km
|Connectors (Ethernet/Power):||RJ45 (Female) / Pluggable Terminal Block (3-way)|
|Connectors (Fiber Links):||ST/SC/FC Connector|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||35mm x 77mm x 130 mm +2mm|
|Operating Temperature:||0° to 55°C|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 95% RH (no condensation)|