SANDS manufactures a wide range of niche products, for use in energy sector, with focus on reduction of commercial loss, and energy / demand management system. All products employ state-of-art embedded technology, and are tested to international standards.
A Product, Services and Training Company:
• Products: SANDS manufactures products using embedded technology for Generation, Transmission and Distribution segment (Utilities and Industries), for effective management of power, with focus on indigenous development for imported products.
• Services: SANDS provide AMR / AMI solutions including data analytic services for industry consumers, with focus on timely fraud detection.
• Training: SANDS has been a pioneer in providing finishing school training programs in Embedded technology, Internet of Things and Big Data Analytics, to bridge the gap between Universities and Industries. SANDS also conduct training for Utility engineers of Revenue Improvement Strategies.
• Signals and Systems (India) Private Limited was incorporated in 1995 – brand name SANDS
• Developed India’s first Handheld Computer – awarded Best Innovative Product by NSIC.
• SANDS won the Prime Minister’s award for Best Entrepreneur.
• ISO 9001:2015 certified and CRISIL Rating 1A
• Customers include Electric Utilities, NTPC, NHPC, NPCIL, PGCIL, Siemens, ABB, GE Alstom, BHEL, Schneider, Yokogawa, LandT, Secure Meters, HPL, Genus.
• All solutions (hardware and software) are in-house designed and developed, with the support of 30 RandD engineers, 25 Data Analysts and 300 technical / support staff.
• Common Meter Reading Instrument with DLMS Client software capable of reading all makes of DLMS meters in India. A unique Data Analytic software for DLMS and Non-DLMS meters.
• GPS Based Time Synchronizing Equipment for Grid applications, capable of interfacing with all makes of BCUs and Relays of Siemens, GE Alstom, Schneider, ABB.
• Reference Standard Meters for Single and Three Phase meters of accuracy 0.1 Class, with Waveform distortion, Harmonics, Multiplication Verification and CT / Meter errors.
• Bill Audit System / Energy Management solution for Industry consumers with features of real-time data on the web, with revenue and energy parameters – both present and forecast.
• Intelligent DLMS-GPRS Modems for AMR / AMI applications with tamper alerts and fire-wall.
• Feeder Remote Terminal Unit (FRTU) is a web-based modular and scalable architecture for monitoring and outage management of substations – with Reliability Indices.
• Meter Reading using CMRI, with special provisions of Photo GPS for manual cases
• Data Analytic services based on type of industry, seasonal variations combined with load and event occurrences.
• Meter Testing including MF verification.
• SANDS has completed more than 200 Million meter readings over the last 20 years.
• Currently, SANDS is handling industry consumers in Rajasthan, Haryana and Maharastra.
• Application and Practical oriented Embedded Systems , IoT and Big Data Analytics training for graduates and working engineers.
• Training is aimed at bridging the gap between Universities and Industries.
• SANDS has trained more than 10,000 students over the last 10 years.
• SANDS has conducted a number of training programmes in many DISCOMs on Consumer Indexing, Data Analytics, Metering technologies, communications and AMR.
Evolve and provide integrated energy solutions in energy and demand management that would become de-facto international standards and practices for electric utilities.
Develop innovative products and holistic solutions, by which all stake holders in energy-revenue chain get maximum Return on Investment.
People drive Profits and Growth. We have a strong, balanced and qualified team to drive the growth.
- Dr. L R Rajagopal – CEO
- R Madhuram – Head (HR)
- C Sheeja – Head (Logistics & Production)
- Narendra Nath Pati – Head (Finance)
Dr.L R Rajagopal has a graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, and obtained Masters and Doctoral degrees from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, in 1984 and 1987 respectively. In recognition of his work, he was awarded Prof. M N Saha award by Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), India. He has also worked as collaborating scientist with Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, for about eight years, and for about a year with Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
Dr L R Rajagopal has been actively involved in promoting communication protocol standards Electronic Meters in India, and has served as the Chairman of the subcommittee on Protocol Standards, Central Board for Irrigation and Power (CBIP). He was actively involved in Best Practices Committee of Ministry of Power, which conducted national seminars in promoting loss reduction programmes for various electric utilities in India.